Saturday, April 19, 2008

Surviving Earning Living

These couple of weeks was a rough ride for me. I can't imagine what will happen if I just stood in one position and strongly believe in what I did was the right thing to do. After a great fall. I finally decided to move on. No more previous jobs. This time I have to make it right. Else I won't be seeing computers, or handphones or websites, or any electronic gadgets.

As I was laying down, I can't sleep and a thought came into my mind. I was thinking, why did the people back in kampung was so eager to know how much are younger people making. I always thought that they want to show off which son or daughter can earn more and at the same time spend their wealth and tie them down till they find their other half to be married. That also have to make sure that other half is twice as valuable as their children. Maybe thats what really happen.

But when I look at it from another angle. I guess the older generation kept on pestering those questions to us younger ones is because they want to make sure that we have enough rice to eat, enough petrol for the car, enough to pay the bills and installments and also enough to feed our own family one fine day.

So what does it takes to get there. Study hard? Get a good job? Or earn enough to live on? These 3 things don't come on the same road. Study hard to get good grades makes our parents happy. Some of us are happy with our grades cause we work hard for it. After that what? Graduate and look for jobs. Yeay! we got got the job that we are looking for. But comes another question, are the perks justified by the job load? That can never be an answer for that kind of question. Our superior will always tell us that, "Is either you do you job or get a new one!". But at the same time people will also say, "Do what you know best and believe in yourself". So which is right? Time to time we search for the right job to get to the right answer to satisfy ourselves, to satisfy our needs.

Does graduating in a field and work on that same field promise us a bright future? Or is it just an experience in everyones life to grow and learn about how hard life can be or how easy life can be? Does it takes us to fall as many times as possible until the right time comes then we will find our answer?

To survive we need to earn something, thats how we live our life. No matter what it takes, some illegal some legal, it doesn't matter. All it matters is one tries his or her best to live. We can't blame them or look down on them or feel shy or proud that we are doing a specific job to earn something.

At last I came up with a proverb which gives me strength to face the sun from today onwards.
"If you think money can buy everything, try and buy time. Ask a billionaire to make the time 12:00pm when its already 12:01pm."


Another one is

"To be a rich man is to be as shrewd as one can imagine, but the shrewdness of time bares no mercy to no one."

1 comment:

Gorgeous Ol' Eve Loves Vanilla. You? said...

Not too sure about this matter, sweetie. I havent started working.. when I do, I guess I'll have a share of my opinion on it. Keep your chin up!