Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Successful?

Its been a while since I wrote anything in here. Due to some circumstances I wasn't able to come in here, my power supply blewed off while playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance. I guess games now dosen't concern a high end graphic card anymore, it needs lots of power! Well, I guess I won't be playing games for a while. I was reading The Star papers a while ago (Monday issue) and theres this article where it tells the reader that anyone can be succesful. To me, its major bullshit, newspapers, what else can they feed the society?

I had lived for 26 years now, though I know its short compared to others which had lived until 80-100 years old. Maybe I wasn't meant to live that long thats why God had give me so much wisdom in common sense, so much that sometimes I feel so down looking things around me evolve in a good and bad manner simultaneously. So, what is succesful all about to a person? Just a thought, some might be inspired by people around them, some might even be motivated by their breathing ambience and some just got extra lucky along the path that they are walking, which comes to my question, what does successful mean?

Theres this magazine which measures one's wealth, Forbes. Is being successful all about the wealth that you can dig from mother nature? Theres a book which measures what people can do, Guiness Book of Records. Is being successful getting attention on what you do best in life when you realize that you can do much better then usual? Just to mention a few materialistic success in a life of a person. What about being successful in life where one feels descended from a normal life to a higher being in a spiritual sense, is that too measured as successful too?

So what if someone is successful? What do you get out of success? Satisfactory? Fame? Glamour? Attention? Are humans that easily contempted with life nowadays where the Elders worked so hard to keep their generations flow into the future. Inventions and breathroughs of things and understandthing for the future, discovering new possibilities, building complex concepts, giving bright unique ideas. Why must success be publisize? To show people that you're successful? To motivate the de-motivated? What about balance? Things are fair and square, one can be happy and sad but not at the same time? Couples exist? Blue need Yellow to be Green. Dosen't all religion teaches their believers to be balance in life? To limit everything that they do in live? What about greed and generous?

Balance is something that everyone is lack of these days. Thats why the world had become what it is today. Unbalance, some may thing that, but if you get to think a little bit deeper, its all balance still. Balance evolve from a dot, surrounded by a circle and the circle that surround the circle and the next one. Isn't that how the solar system was being visualized today?. Isn't balance a wonderful thing? When a happy couple had a great time on a fine evening, another is having troubles and arguements? Someone can win a lottery ticket that he bought, but the other loses his job when he had a family to feed. So what is successful got to do with balance?

End of the day, to be successful is to balance between the light and the dark side of oneself. Though, some might thing that its impossible. Everything is possible, rain falls, sun shines, earth shatters, ice melts. Patients ruled over haste, calm ruled over rage, humbleness ruled over pretentious, sincererity ruled over egoistic. Sharing ruled over selfishness. To blame something happen might be a nature to every human whenever they fail, but theres someone to tell them its wrong to have that habit. To blame someone over their own mistake whenever things go wrong, at last the wrong things comes back to him. What goes around comes around. Still, it all comes to balance in life.

I'm saying all this to comfort myself actually. I've been through something that a 26 year old man shouldn't go through, that a 26 year old should be sleeping right this moment so that he can wake up and start a new day in his office with his tie on and his ironed shirt with a pair of slacks and polished shoe with socks in it. I had always hold on to this thoughts whenever I feel down. I have read so many article to boost my morale, I have been going through job vacancies in the newspapers. When I think to myself, why am I no more excited about new jobs?, no more eager to find a job to earn a living, when I'm barely surviving. My car is about to be impound soon enough. Phone will be cut off, internet will be offlined, landlord of the house will chase me away.Why is this happening to me, am I under motivated? Am I ending my life just like this? Throwing it down the drain just in a glimpse?

No comments: